The route of Don Quixote in Barcelona
Scenes from our edition Don Quixote. Vision of Barcelonaindicated on the map:
- Don Quixote and Sancho, guided by Roque Guinart “along unused roads”, arrive in Barcelona: “They saw the sea…”
- Quixote and Sancho enter the city.
- House of Antonio Moreno, “large and main”, near the port (Carrer Ample, Born, or Montcada).
- Talking head episode.
- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra stayed at number 2 Paseo de Colón.
- El Quijote in Carrer Ample with a sign on his back: “…to a balcony that opened onto one of the most important streets in the city”.
- Scene of the galley chasing the pirate ship.
- Tradition has identified the printing press visited by Don Quixote with that of Sebastián de Cormellas.
- It seems that Perot lo Lladre(Roque Guinart) used to hide here during his visits to Barcelona.
- On the beach of Barcelona, Don Quixote is defeated by the bachelor Samson Carrasco.
- Here ends La ruta del Quijote en Barcelona: “On leaving Barcelona, Don Quixote returned to look at the place where he had fallen and said, ‘Here was Troy!'”