Félix Varela Anthology
€28.85 IVA incluido
ISBN illustrated paperback: 9788499538402
ISBN hardcover: 978841126353535
ISBN paperback: 9788498166774
This Anthology of Félix Varela gathers articles published by Varela in El Habanero. As the reader will see, these texts range from political and current affairs texts on the international situation of his time, to chronicles of scientific and economic advances.
Among the milestones in the author’s life that are reflected in these texts is the fact that in 1823 Felix Varela proclaimed Cuba’s right to be an independent and sovereign nation. This volume contains some of the criticisms to which Father Varela was subjected after adopting this position.
His observations on an imminent invasion of the island of Cuba by Mexico and Colombia also stand out as surprising from a current point of view.
The following is a part of the index of the work, which may serve as a reference to the variety of topics included in this Anthology by Félix Varela.
- Political masks
- Change colors
- Run Run
- Conspiracies on the Island of Cuba
- Secret societies on the island of Cuba
- Sea water temperature at considerable depths
- Action of magnetism on titanium
- Sound propagation
- Phenomenon observed by Professor Silliman at Wollaston’s Chryophoro.
- Tranquility on the island of Cuba
- Ecclesiastical status on the island of Cuba
- Habanero bombs
- Americans’ love of independence
- Letter to a friend responding to some ideological doubts
- Parallel between the revolution that can be formed on the island of Cuba by its own inhabitants, and the one that will be formed by the invasion of foreign troops.
- French policy towards the Americas
Encarga una edición crítica a medida
Con Linkgua Ediciones puedes encargar ediciones críticas de nuestros libros clásicos que incluyan tus notas, índices y glosarios. Llena este formulario con tu propuesta. Te responderemos en menos de 24 horas.*
* No hacemos autoedición. Las ediciones críticas por encargo son solo de libros de nuestro catálogo.
Estos son los formatos y dimensiones de nuestros libros: